Here is the last of our four examples of Interstellar Threats. Prepare to face the military might of Djinn!
Djinn (Segin 3212 C658311-9)
Library Data: A garden world located in the far reaches of space beyond the frontiers of any polity, Djinn has been the site of several failed colonies. Most colonies collapsed as a result of distance from the worlds that sponsored the colony. However, the most recent settlement fell to an assault by the forces of the naval mercenary Captain Shikike Todei. In addition to the main colony, "Star Emperor" Shikike Todei has captured the system's newly created Naval Base and, in a second wave of attacks using captured naval vessels, the Scout Base present. Using this as the base for a strong Stellar Navy, the Star Emperor has consolidated his hold on the Djinn system and has started efforts to expand his subjugation of other worlds.
The Star Emperor's Navy
Brief Description: The Star Emperor's Navy has recently begun attacks on other worlds. Although many of these efforts are aimed at collected resources and interfering with the flow of goods, a number of these efforts support Star Emperor's efforts to weaken and subjugate new worlds to add to his future interstellar empire. His forces are fierce, determined and well-armed with smaller warships.
Encounter Groups: These are common encounter groups for this type of encounter.
- Novice: 5 Imperial Starmen, 1 Imperial Leader. Armed scout ship.
- Seasoned: 15 Imperial Starmen, 3 Imperial Leaders, 1 Imperial Commander. Close escort, three armed scout ships.
- Veteran: 30 Imperial Starmen, 6 Imperial Leaders, 2 Imperial Commanders. Mercenary cruiser, three close escorts.
Stat Blocks: The following stats are provided as stock NPCs for quick reference.
- Imperial Starman Navy (crew) 1 777777
Comms 0, Gunnery (turret) 1, Mechanic 1, Pilot (spacecraft) 1, Sensors 0, Vacc Suit 1
Snub Pistol, Toolkit, Vacc Suit.
- Imperial Leader Navy (crew) 4 688AA7
Comms 1, Engineer (life support) 1, Engineer (P-plant) 2, Gunnery (turret) 2, Mechanic 2, Melee (unarmed) 1, Pilot (spacecraft) 3, Sensors 1, Tactics (naval) 1, Vacc Suit 2, Zero-G 1
Combat Armor (TL11), Snub Pistol, Toolkit.
- Imperial Commander Navy (flight) 3 7978AA
Comms 1, Gun Cbt (slug pistol) 2, Gunnery (turret) 2, Leadership 2, Pilot (spacecraft) 2, Sensors 2, Tactics (naval) 2, Vacc Suit 1
Combat armor (TL11), Hand computer, Snub Pistol.
Encounter Ideas: Here are six different scenarios related to this encounter type.
- The Star Emperor's Navy are engaged in military practice maneuvers.
- The Star Emperor's Navy are escorting another vessel between the surface and the 100-diameter jump limit.
- The Star Emperor's Navy are lying in wait, prepared to ambush anyone in the vicinity.
- The Star Emperor's Navy are patrolling the region when the party encounters them.
- The Star Emperor's Navy are returning to Djinn with a captured trader.
- The Star Emperor's Navy hail the vessel and demand to inspect its cargo for contraband.
In our next post, we'll be creating a Hall of Infamy for the Beta Quadrant. This should be lots of fun, I think.