Monday, July 04, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

Good Morning, All:

I'd just like to take a moment to honor my nation's Independence Day celebration. Given that Americans enjoy their motion pictures, and I am no exception, I will likely honor the holiday with one of my nation's many great movies centered on our Fourth of July holiday. I'm inclined to watch Independence Day, Die Hard 3 or Live Free Or Die Hard. (We all have our own little traditions.) Ordinarily, I'd also plan to watch the fireworks tonight, but the drought here in Central Texas has been so bad that we have a burn ban that is causing most of the local cities and towns to cancel their public fireworks display.

But that's beside the point, which is to honor the efforts of veterans over two centuries ago who fought for freedom so that they and their descendants could live in a country free of tyranny, where we hold to the self-evident truth that all men are created equal under the eyes of the law, that we are endowed by our Creator (who or whatever that might be) with certain unalienable Rights, among these being Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. So, please join me in toasting those veterans of two centuries ago whose efforts created this country and forever impacted the history of our world through their heroic actions and deeds. Salute!

Happy Independence Day,
Flynn

No comments: