Monday, June 25, 2012

Isles of the Saharan Sea: Character Backgrounds...

Good Afternoon, All:

Some time ago, I mentioned the role of character backgrounds in my post on Background Abilities, and I've touched on it occasionally since then. In fact, I even included them in my Swords & Planet RPG game.

For the Isles of the Saharan Sea campaign, I want to create some character background options to enhance the immersion of the characters into the campaign setting itself. Each will have a little descriptive blurb, as well as an in-game bonus and an in-game obligation or goal. This way, players are rewarded for voluntarily immersing their characters into the setting. Running quickly through the material I've generated so far, I've come up with the following possible list of options. Before it's all said and done, I may trim it down or add some extras to the list.

  • Brother of the Black Rose
  • Child of Pakaton
  • Cultist of the Dragon Turtle
  • Disciple of the Reef
  • Elemental Magus
  • Escaped Slave of the Kelshani Slavelords
  • Former Aberration Cultist
  • Fugitive Apprentice of the Sanguine Sea
  • Gladiator of Devil's Cove
  • Hunter of Revenants
  • Knight of the Unshackled Brethren
  • Leviathan Hunter of Sanmari
  • Magus-Athlete of the Games Arcane
  • Privateer of the Great Ports
  • Raider of Kimojan
  • Scourge of the Saharan Sea
  • Sea Magus
  • Shipwright of Great Denjados
  • Storm Knight of Tarth
  • Student of the Order Primordiae

I'm going to post some of my thoughts on these in a future post or two, as I continue to create elements that I'll be able to use in the Isles of the Saharan Sea campaign.

Enjoy,
Flynn

No comments: