Monday, September 27, 2010

A Brief Update: Shades of Synnibar... And Greyhawk...

Good Evening:

I've begun some basic mapping of Mediterranea, that region of the Hollow Earth I'd like to game in. Now that I've become absorbed somewhat by this concept, I am working through some of it so that maybe I can get it out of my mind and get back to the actual projects I want to work on.

I've also been reading through the synopsis of the Warlord comic issues from the blog From The Sorcerer's Scroll, which has added some other elements to the picture that is forming in my head. Imagine, if you will, adding elements of science fiction to the mix ala Expedition to the Barrier Peaks, giving you a "Conan Goes To Pellucidar To Battle Ancient Robots" vibe. Well, probably not that blatant, but hints of it would not be inappropriate. Yes, it bears minor shades of the setting of Synnibar, but it also bears shades of Greyhawk, so there's a wide range of qualities and levels of success to choose from here.

As an aside, I have recently done some work on the MyD20 Lite Referee's Guide, and it is coming along. I still hope to finish it before the end of the year. It would please me a lot to release it in the year 2010.

More Tomorrow,
Flynn

No comments: