Monday, October 01, 2012

500 Posts!?!?!?! Wow! Already?

Good Afternoon, All:

Welcome to the 500th Post of In Like Flynn! Wow, who would have thought this blog would have reached this particular milestone? Over the last few years, I've published on a lot of topics, and introduced a number of gaming systems in my explorations, most of which are of my own creation. Some of those include:
  • MyD20 Lite
  • Savage Worlds (not mine)
  • Stellar Quest
  • Sword and Planet: A Roleplaying Game of Planetary Romance
  • Swords and Wizardry (not mine)
  • Traveller (not mine)

I've introduced a number of settings, including the following:
  • Azri Drakara/Cepheus Sector
  • Consolidated World
  • Egyptian Great Plains (minimalist sandbox example)
  • Hammersong's Legacy
  • Isles of the Saharan Sea
  • Madlands Campaign
  • Savage Odyssey Prime
  • Stellar Quest
  • World Within

I've participated in two A-Z Challenges, using these themes:
  • Gods and Demigods of my Consolidated World Pantheon
  • Madlands Encounters

Since I started this blog, I believe that I've published seven products on RPGNow and Lulu.com (links for my storefronts appear to the right):
  • Flynn's Guide to Azri Drakara: Republic Starships
  • Flynn's Guide to Azri Drakara: A Primer
  • Flynn's Guide to Azri Drakara: Rodan Subsector
  • MyD20 Lite Player's Guide
  • MyD20 Lite Bestiary: Common Creatures
  • The Book of Races: Twelve New Races for Old School Games
  • Hammersong's Legacy Campaign Setting

I've also released one game for free, simply because I wanted to and for no other reason than that:
  • Sword and Planet: A Roleplaying Game of Planetary Romance

I've rambled extensively about a diverse range of topics, including but not limited to the following:
  • Adventure creation
  • Campaign development
  • Conversions from one system to another
  • Encounter scenarios
  • GM mentoring
  • My setting ideas (Stellar Quest, Hammersong's Legacy, Madlands, Hollow Earth/World Within, Azri Drakara, Isles of the Saharan Sea, Savage Odyssey Prime and others)
  • Old School game mechanics
  • Planetary romance
  • Savage Worlds
  • Traveller

At the time of this writing, I have 96 followers and over 55,550 page views. I'm good with that, extremely good with that. All in all, I can't complain one bit.

So I just wanted to take a moment and say "Thank You!" to everyone who reads this blog. It means a lot to me that you guys actually come and check out my work here from time to time, and I hope that it helps you with your games, particularly in terms of preparation. Even if only one thing I've put up here has helped improve your enjoyment of the game, then I consider my work here a success. If that has happened to you, please post a comment below, and let me know about it.

Thanks Again,
Flynn

6 comments:

Stan Shinn said...

Also, you run great con games! Which is how I came to start following your blog :-)

Great content regarding a great hobby.

James said...

Well done Flynn. Your posts are always creative and interesting to read. Of course my main interest has been Myd20 Lite and Hammersong's Legacy, but I usually stop by to read whatever you're thinking of.

David said...

I really like your Flynn's Guide to Alien Creation, and I do enjoy your world building and Traveller posts.

Good luck for the next 500 posts.

-David

Flynn said...

Thanks, everyone! You guys are the best! :)

With Regards,
Flynn

Gypsy Knights Games said...

Congrats on your 500th post!

Here's to the man who ran several of the best Traveller games in which I ever played! In one of them, I was the only player who showed.... and I ended up in jail drinking tea!

In the other, we had a series of errors which led to our deaths and the destruction of our ship!

Sure... it sounds rough, but it was some of the best fun I ever had in a con game.

Thanks for that! Here's looking forward to another 500 posts!

Unknown said...

I'm here because of the slavic names. As I'm running a Kingmaker campaign for Paizo's Pathfinder system, this is just what I need. Thank you so much.